Thoughts for the week and more gratitude!

So, this week was pretty blah. I had a sore throat and ended up going home early on Wednesday and stayed home on Thursday. Then, my network connection to work and then my internet connection went down for hours on Friday! Grrrrrr! I think "blah" is a pretty good way to describe the week.

I got an invitation to a first birthday party for a relative. I thought, sure, we'll go. Then I see BYOB written on there. I wanted to think it was Bring Your Own Beverage, but I felt compelled to ask. The response I got was "Bring Your Own Booze". I really have an issue about people who feel the need to bring ALCOHOL to a birthday party for a toddler. On top of that, one of the parents isn't even of legal drinking age AND both parents are in recovery (12-step, AA stuff). I just don't get it! I mean, talk about slippery slopes! I made a choice years ago not to drink. I based that decision on my belief that addiction is a hereditary trait and since about 95% of my family is addicted to drugs and/or alcohol - I decided it wasn't worth the risk. Besides, I can't stand spending time with drunk people. I'd hate to see me drunk! LOL! Needless to say, I don't think we'll be going to the party. It's just not a place that I want to be (little children and booze don't mix IMHO).

I got my CPAP machine on Friday. Let me tell you, I don't know if I'll ever get used to that thing! Friday night I lasted at least 3 hours maybe even 4. Last night, I think I lasted maybe 2 hours before I ripped the thing off my head! I wish there were a way to have the darned thing just put itself on me once I'm asleep, because I can't fall asleep!!!!!!! UGH!

Today, we went to the Woodstock Water Works (aka the pool) and it was pretty overcast. Originally the forecast was for sun and upper 90s. It ended up being rainy and in the 80s. We lasted about 3 hours before a downpour made me throw in the towel - hah funny! Tonight, my face and shoulders are red and Shelby's are pink. Bad mommy! Amazingly, this is the first time we've been to the pool this season! The weather just hasn't cooperated. Neither has my wallet!

And now for some gratitude!

Today, I am grateful for...
  • Shelby
  • Having a wonderful job
  • Mike (Vicki's Fiance) coming over on Friday and weed wacking my back yard! It looks quite nice!
  • Running into an old friend, Patrick, who looks much better and happier than the last time I saw him a year ago.
  • Going to church on Saturday; I really like that place!
  • Having the guts to walk up to the front, after Saturday's service and speak with the pastor.
  • The Pastor, Brent, being kind and listening to me and praying with/for me. I needed it.
  • Laughter
  • Cuddling for a few minutes with Shelby after tucking her in tonight.
  • School starting in just three weeks - woohoooooo!

Love,

:) xo mb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Notice Prior to Disconnection...

Has it really been six months????