Trusting my gut...

This is going to be quick, but I thought I'd let it out.  I was right.  I should've trusted my gut from the beginning.  Never date someone who is in the process of a divorce.  Even if there has been a long separation. Until those papers are signed by a judge, it's not really over... and still not after that for a while. 

What a dumbass I am.  Okay, not really a big dumbass (a small dumbass? I do have a tiny tush).  I enjoyed the attention, but knew, in the back of my mind that it wasn't quite right.  He was getting attention he hadn't gotten in a long time.  And, I'm kinda cute.  And, I'm pretty darned nice too.  So, can I blame him? Nope.  Am I mad?  Nope.  Am I disappointed?  A little in myself. Because had I trusted my gut, I would never have gone out with him in the first place.  It was nice to reconnect with someone I knew (vaguely) from years ago.  It was nice to go out to dinner and text and all that.  I liked the attention too.

But, as I said in this post, I want the good stuff!  I've been through enough heartache and plain old crap that I think I've paid my dues.  And the man who gives me the good stuff (okay, that sounds a little naughty) will get all of that and more in return!!!  ;o)~

In closing... man that sounds way too formal!

Here is a blog posting from Single Dad Laughing (What not to say to a single person) - I love this post!  No really, my un-single friends and un-single people in general - take a look.  Read, meditate, let it ruminate...

Love & blessings to each and every one of you!!!!! xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Notice Prior to Disconnection...

Another bit of gratitude

Thoughts for the week and more gratitude!