Reflections at the end of a four-day weekend...
Maybe I should break things down between the pros and cons of the weekend.
- Shelby & I had a great dinner with Nicki at Chili’s on Thursday!
- We had fun at the Brookfield Zoo with Traci, Bryan, Shawn and Bradley on Friday.
- I didn’t have to wake up early Thursday, Saturday or Sunday (those are major pros!)
- It wasn’t SUPER hot this weekend.
- I got to take some really cool pictures.
- I talked to some very nice people while waiting for the fireworks.
- I saw the mystery man again!
- Got lots of hugs, kisses & hand holds from my Shelby Grace.
- Did bills on Wednesday night which reinforced the fact that it’s going to take a long time before I am out of the red.
- Still thinking about the letter I got on Monday. It also said life is a “solo mission” which is a sad thing to say. It really got under my skin – dag nabbit!
- I twisted my ankle on the way out of the zoo. It still hurts – ugh!
- The parade was 2 hours long and it rained the entire time!
- Punks who had taken over the swingset thought it was a good idea to throw a rock in our direction. It landed just inches from my arm. Not a good thing!
- I pulled the car over and was thisclose to turning it around on the way to the fireworks display. Holy hormones, I think the stars are lining up for Shelby & me! Yikes!
- Mystery man appeared to be with someone (according to stealth Shelby).
- Got just about as many nasty looks, snotty remarks and attitude from my Shelby Grace.
I am definitely in a funk. I just don’t like the way things are going. A lot of the things I have no control over.
I suppose that I should consider doing something different on my end.
Hmmmm… Can’t I just have a fairy godmother who can wave her magic wand and fix everything for me? I mean, I’ve been working hard for just about all of my 40 years.
I just have to figure out where to start and then take baby steps…