Reflections at the end of a four-day weekend...

I thought extending my weekend to four days would be relaxing. What the heck was I thinking???

Maybe I should break things down between the pros and cons of the weekend.

Pros

  • Shelby & I had a great dinner with Nicki at Chili’s on Thursday!
  • We had fun at the Brookfield Zoo with Traci, Bryan, Shawn and Bradley on Friday.




  • I didn’t have to wake up early Thursday, Saturday or Sunday (those are major pros!)
  • It wasn’t SUPER hot this weekend.
  • I got to take some really cool pictures.



  • I talked to some very nice people while watching the parade.

  • I talked to some very nice people while waiting for the fireworks.
  • I saw the mystery man again!
  • Got lots of hugs, kisses & hand holds from my Shelby Grace.


Cons

  • Did bills on Wednesday night which reinforced the fact that it’s going to take a long time before I am out of the red.
  • Still thinking about the letter I got on Monday. It also said life is a “solo mission” which is a sad thing to say. It really got under my skin – dag nabbit!
  • I twisted my ankle on the way out of the zoo. It still hurts – ugh!
  • The parade was 2 hours long and it rained the entire time!

  • Punks who had taken over the swingset thought it was a good idea to throw a rock in our direction. It landed just inches from my arm. Not a good thing!
  • I pulled the car over and was thisclose to turning it around on the way to the fireworks display. Holy hormones, I think the stars are lining up for Shelby & me! Yikes!
  • Mystery man appeared to be with someone (according to stealth Shelby).
  • Got just about as many nasty looks, snotty remarks and attitude from my Shelby Grace.

I am definitely in a funk. I just don’t like the way things are going. A lot of the things I have no control over.

I suppose that I should consider doing something different on my end.

Hmmmm… Can’t I just have a fairy godmother who can wave her magic wand and fix everything for me? I mean, I’ve been working hard for just about all of my 40 years.

No?

Fine.

I just have to figure out where to start and then take baby steps…

xo mb

Comments

  1. Hmm... "Life is a solo mission."

    I disagree. If it was a "solo mission" you would have been put here alone with no one around to bother you. The only task that you are asked to do alone is die and even then you will have someone to be with you when you do it.

    My friend Ethan has a bunch of sayings. Regarding money he says "Take care of the dimes and nickels... The dollars will take care of themselves." Sounds like a good idea when you have the money. If you don't have it then you have less to worry about.

    As for a place to start... Stand on the ground, take a look at your feet and take the first step. You need to figure out the direction you will go but don't be in a hurry about it. Getting there will be a process. Too fast and you will trip, too slow and you will never get there...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Notice Prior to Disconnection...

Truth Teller