34.5 hours left... but who's counting?!

Hi Everyone.

I've been on a clear liquid diet all day today - no food and it is hard!  I have to get through tomorrow and then be at the hospital at 8:30am Tuesday.  I have a hunger headache which stinks, but beside that I am just peachy!

Christmas was good.  Shelby has told me several times that this was "the best Christmas ever!"  I like that!  I'm not sure what was different from past years.  Maybe less drama because we stayed away from it?  Who knows!

This isn't going to be a long post because (amazingly) I really don't have much to say.

I'm ready.  I'm just ready.  Ready to move onto the next phase of my life.  The phase in which I become a healthier happier Mary Beth!  Of course, I am the most important factor in making myself happier, right?  It's going to be a process, but I am READY!

If everything goes as planned, I should be home by Wednesday afternoon.  Recuperating in my own bed. 

Gratitude time!
  • Shelby!
  • Jessica
  • Vivian
  • Traci
  • Kim
  • Crystina
  • Amy
  • All my friends and family who are supporting me through this journey!
  • Wilbur (just because he's warm & cuddly)
  • My driveway is plowed!!!!
  • Only 34 (ish) more hours until I make the trip to the hospital for my surgery!
  • Laughter
  • Love
  • Our new Wii (it's pretty cool!)
So, tomorrow, I go to the hospital for a blood draw (cross-type stuff).  Then, we need to run to Jewel & Target.  I'd also like to take the car to the dealership (the check engine light turned on Christmas Eve!), but that can wait until after surgery (it's running fine).

Then, Tuesday is the big day!  Jessica is coming over at 7:30am to pick up me & Shelby and take us to the hospital.  My mom & Vivian are meeting us at the hospital.  My surgery is scheduled for 10:30am (I think!) and should take about an hour or so.  Jessica will take Shelby home with her when they kick her (Shelby) out of the hospital.  Then, Nicki is supposed to call Jessica and arrange for the "kid swap" for the evening!  If I understand correctly, they'll have me up and walking within 4-5 hours after surgery.  Then I'll have to do the barium swallow test.  YUCK!  Dr. assured me it's just a little bit this time (thank goodness!) and if everything goes well, Crystina will come and pick me up and take me home Wednesday!  Sound good?  Good!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me.  Please keep 'em coming!  I feel blessed!!

I'll post once I'm home and feeling up to it! 

Oh, just a reminder, I set up a youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/mbokeefe40 you can subscribe and/or become my friend and get notifications when I post a new video.

Love and blessings to you all!
           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Notice Prior to Disconnection...

Change is coming soon!!!!!