Oh my aching back and surgery update.

Today I was reminded how much easier it would be (theoretically) to keep things tidy than to do a deep clean without having a sore, aching body! 

Karen is arriving tomorrow afternoon and I had to make room in my room for Shelby's trundle AND make sure there is room for Karen's luggage and Karen in Shelby's room!  Shelby is sleeping in her bed toinght and tomorrow morning, she must find a place for all the dolls & stuffed animals that are taking up the end of her bed.  I'm sure Karen likes to cuddle, but not with Shelby's dolls & stuffed animals! 

I also spent 3 1/2 hours today shampooing the carpets.  The sad thing is, only about 1/2 of the house (approx. 423 sq. ft.) is carpeted!  Every time I emptied the catch basin part of the Rug Doctor - out came nasty brown water!  Ewwwwww!  I suppose that's what happens when you have (had) two dogs and an active kid (and all her friends).  Needless to say, I went over it a few times.

Now, I'm finishing up what feels like a gagillion loads of laundry before I try to get some rest.  Tomorrow I'm working from home in the morning.  Hoping to get Shelby motivated to put her clean clothes away, strip her bed & remake it for Karen.  Then she needs to get her new bed made.  Okay, maybe I'll help her with that too!

Okay, well I have a semi-update on my gastric bypass surgery.  Last week there were issues with the insurance company - issues on their end, someone there made a mistake in processing my paperwork and they wanted my request to go through this huge review  process. Well, on Friday I spoke with Rose, the coordinator at the Bariatric Center.  She said that we're back on track.  Yay!  There is a downside though :(  Unfortunately, the whole process had to be re-started.  That means more waiting - ugh!  Rose asked me to call her on Thursday and hopefully (prayers please) she will have an approval from the insurance company and we can set a surgery date.  There is still hope that my surgery could happen this month.  I really am hoping so, because Karen is much better company than anyone else who would be coming over.  Plus, Shelby loves her!  They can cause trouble while I'm recovering overnight in the hospital and then Shelby can be her GPS for the first few days after my surgery!

Oh, one more thing.  I haven't got an update for Desire (called Desi) from today, but she was continuing to slowly improve!  It is my understanding that there was a meeting yesterday with the doctors to find out when she would be going home with her mom.  She may already be home, I've emailed my friend Jessica requesting an update.  She may be busy helping Desi's mom with everything.  Please keep your prayers coming.

Thank you so much everyone!  I am so very blessed to have each of you in my life!

Love and blessings to you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Notice Prior to Disconnection...

Change is coming soon!!!!!