Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving.  Actually, I just looked at the clock and it seems Thanksgiving was YESTERDAY (oopsy, it's getting late!)

We were originally going to go to Chicago to watch the parade, but the weather was miserable.  So, we went to a local restaurant and had our Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of strangers ;o)  It was nice.  Until I bit my tongue!  Now, I don't just bit my tongue, I BITE my tongue.  And I had already bitten my tongue Friday night, so when i bit my tongue today - it took nearly 90 MINUTES for the bleeding to stop!  I'm telling you, we don't do things half way in our family! LOL!  I think it's fair to say that I really didn't enjoy my meal today.  I think I almost finished a big cup of ice (hoping that would stop the GUSHING BLOOD) and it didn't.  Dag nabbit! I think that I may now know what it feels like when you have your tongue pierced.  EW!  I'm just hoping I don't bite it again... boy oh boy!

Okay, on to the important stuff!  Gratitude!!!  Today I am thankful for...
  • Shelby
  • Karen
  • All of my other wonderful friends
  • 4-day weekends
  • Laughter
  • Willy the Wonder Dog
  • Surviving another day with a moody tween
  • Indoor plumbing
  • Craig Ferguson (he's so funny!)
  • Surgery is in 46 days!
  • Feeling loved!
I think that's a pretty good list.

Tomorrow (er, today) Shelby has already planned to put up the Christmas tree.  First she has to clean off the bin it is stored in and then she can bring it in the house.  We may do some local shopping (we meaning Karen with us tagging along).

Saturday, we're having lunch with my mom and then we'll take the train to Chicago.  The weather is supposed to be nice (sunny & 50) and the hope is to get some nice shots of Shelby & I (maybe Christmas card worthy) and of course more pics of Karen and then visit the Christmas Kindle (??) thingy in Daly Plaza and then look at the lights on Michigan Avenue. 

Okay, it is VERY late.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love and blessings to all of you!

         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Notice Prior to Disconnection...

Change is coming soon!!!!!